Friday, January 7, 2011

And now for something completely different!

Recently I did a series of paintings that are very much different from my earlier work. This series drew from memories of emotional experiences. I really felt the need to experiment with an alternate method of expression. Rather than using the human figure to communicate an experience or feeling I used a series of objects. And invented a few machines. I really had no idea how these images would be perceived in comparison to my earlier figurative work. It felt like a risk and in the end was more exciting for me.


"Slowly" 14"x18" oil on canvas

"Phobia" 14"x18" oil on canvas

"It Likes You" 14"x18" oil on canvas

"Why Does Everyone Run Away From Me?"
18"x24" oil on canvas

"I Feel Sick" 14"x18" oil on canvas


"Come Closer" 16"x20" oil on canvas





No comments:

Post a Comment